12 Business Ideas For Working Remotely as a Digital Nomad in Valencia
We’re not surprised that you’re considering Valencia as your next destination, after all, it’s one of the best cities to live as a digital nomad according to InterNations (and we couldn’t agree more).
If you want nature, culture, good food, ☀️ sun ☀️ and beach (yes, we know this is what you’re going to like the most), this city is your place and you’ll find everything you need to make a f***ing great living working remotely 💻
Now you must be thinking “yes, yes, I’m excited about all that, but how am I going to be a digital nomad in Valencia?
Well, that’s what we’re here for, Cotowner! In this post we present you 22 business ideas so you can live the life you want, as a digital nomad from Valencia.
Jobs you can do as a digital nomad
If you are decided to work from home in Valencia, we can tell you that it is one of the cities that best welcomes digital nomads. What’s more, it is one of the few locations that accepts the Spanish Digital Nomad Visa.
If you have already seen our post on how to be a digital nomad in Spain and you are clear about the type of work you are going to choose (freelancer, entrepreneur or employee), now you only have to choose the type of business you are going to do.
1. Web application development One of the most valued professions in the digital world today is that of developer. So, if you are a freelancer specialising in this field, you’re going to have a lot of clients 🌧
2. Website design Are you a designer? Well, website design is something you can perfectly well do from your bedroom and if you have a specialisation in web design or graphic design, get ready: there are things to come.
3. Blog content creation Yes, just like the one you are reading right now. If you are good at writing, have knowledge of a specific topic and know SEO, you can offer your services as a copywriter for countless websites.
4. Content creation for social media TikTok, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn… these are just some of the networks where you can offer your services as a Community Manager and get paid for managing content.
5. Translation If you are a digital nomad around the world, go ahead, you probably know how to speak more than one language (or you are interested in knowing it) and with this skill you will be able to translate web content, videos and even books, if you specialise in it, of course.
6. YouTube video editing The number of influencers and content creators around the world is growing every day. So, if you learn video editing techniques, you’re sure to have options to work from anywhere.
7. Data analysis Do you master Python and analyse data like nobody else? Well, spoiler alert: companies are looking for you and many of them offer remote work or freelance positions.
8. Photography Imagine working as a photographer around the world. Well, you can stop dreaming, come down to earth and get down to work. If you take care of your social networks, you’ll have clients everywhere 📸
9. Affiliate Affiliate programmes are growing every day and are a possibility to earn money by promoting products without needing to have stock or set up an online shop. Amazon, Hotmart and Shopify are just some of the options available to you.
10. Language teacher With the pandemic, online classes became the norm. Today, many students still prefer on-screen classes and are looking for teachers in this format. Specialising as a language teacher can be a very profitable option.
11. Project management advisor As well as the job of data analyst, many companies are looking for project managers for their teams and work 100% remotely. If you enjoy managing projects, teams and clients, this role is for you.
12. Online Ad Manager If we tell you “Google Ads and Meta Ads”, does it ring a bell? The creation of strategies and optimisation of traffic campaigns is a job sought after by large and medium-sized companies, as well as small businesses, shops and restaurants. In other words, every site you can imagine wants to advertise (and well) their products, and a freelancer is what they need.
In Valencia you will be able to specialise in everything
Valencia is a city that offers a wiiiide variety of courses and specialisations. So, if any of these options have interested you, but you don’t have the necessary knowledge to perform it, don’t worry! In this city you will find everything from language courses to postgraduate programmes in different areas. In addition to an endless number of continuing education courses that will help you to put your new profession into practice quickly.
Whether you are already working or looking for a specialisation, we have a place for you at Cotown 🎉🎉🎉.
We are waiting for you!